Wednesday, March 23, 2011

A walk through a wet market in Kuala Lumpur.

Follow me through a typical wet market. I love going places where I don't recognise all the food/vegetables/fruit/sweets on offer. Here in KL, I don't even have to go to a wet market, the supermarkets have tons of vegetables and sauces and noodles that I wouldn't have a clue what to do with. So here we go, a gentle beginning with some apples and pears:


How about some Durian: king of all fruits? The customer looks like a Durian stock broker on the phone with her client! Buy, buy, buy....   Sorry this is actually Jack fruit (Thanks Hannah for the correction!)





How about some flowers for your meal?  As a side dish, not for the vase!

Banana flowers:

or some pink flowers. I thought these were lotus flowers but I am sure I am wrong. Can anybody tell me what these are?




How about some dried fish and some fresh chicken?





I thought it was "The giant/Jack and the beanstalk and not "The Giant Beanstalk"? Does anyone know how to cook these enormous things?



And round it all off with "Hoof " on the barbeque!



There is much much more but will let you digest these first before posting more!

Wishing you an adventurous journey into the world of exotic food!

No comments:

Post a Comment